Sunday, January 24, 2016

Terry Marzell's book Chalkboard Champions mentioned on Asian American Journal website

I am always gratified when I discover that others are supportive of my efforts to honor remarkable teachers, so I was excited to learn that my first book, Chalkboard Champions, was recently mentioned on the website for Asian American Journal. A chapter of my book explores the life and work of Japanese-America educator Mary Tsukamoto, an elementary school teacher from northern California who was incarcerated in a Japanese-American internment camp during WWII. Her life story highlights a shameful episode in American history, but the good that comes out of her family's misfortune truly inspires the reader.

You can check out the mention on the website at this link: Asian American Journal. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment