Sunday, March 31, 2013

Spring Break and Professional Renewal: Find Inspiration in The Quotable Teacher

Easter time, and its accompanying Spring Break (yippee!), is a time of renewal and new growth, not only spiritually and personally, but professionally as well. Whenever I am looking for professional inspiration, I turn to a handy little book called The Quotable Teacher edited by Randy Howe. This little volume is divided into ten chapters devoted to various teaching topics of interest to educators. For example, "Those Who Teach," "The Philosophy Behind Good Teaching," "The Need to Think Outside the Box," and "Those We Teach." I keep a copy on my desk at school for those moments when I need a little lift. If you wish to acquire this thought-provoking little volume, you can find The Quotable Teacher on amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment